Ronald L. HorstInforum
Department of Economics
University of Maryland
2002 Inforum World Conference: College Park, Maryland, USA
2004 Inforum World Conference: Ascea, Italy
2006 Inforum World Conference: Traunkirchen, Austria
2009 Inforum World Conference: Jurmala, Latvia
2010 ASREC Conference: Portland, Oregon
2012 Inforum World Conference: Florence, Italy
- "The Supply Side of Health Care," joint with Jeffrey Werling, Sean Keehan, Douglas Nyhus, Stephen Heffler, and Douglas Meade. Prepared with support from the Office of the Actuary in the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. April 2014.
A working paper also is available.
- "Inforum Software Development in 2013." Prepared for the 2013 Inforum World Conference in Listvyanka, Russia, September 2013.
- Contributor to the "Failure to Act: The Economic Impact Of Current Investment Trends in Airports, Inland Waterways, and Marine Ports Infrastructure," sponsored by the American Society of Civil Engineers and conducted in support of the Economic Development Research Group. September 13, 2012.
- "Defense Spending Cuts: The Impact on Economic Activity and Jobs." Presented at the 2012 Inforum World Conference in Florence, Italy, September 2012. A summary of work completed for the National Association of Manufacturers in the summer of 2012.
- "Inforum in 2012: Information and Technology."(Slides) Presented at the 2012 Inforum World Conference in Florence, Italy, September 2012.
- "Inforum Software Development in 2011." Prepared for the 2011 Inforum World Conference in Hazyview, South Africa, 2011.
- Contributor to the "Failure to Act: The Economic Impact of Current Investment Trends In Surface Transportation Infrastructure," sponsored by the American Society of Civil Engineers and conducted in support of the Economic Development Research Group. Reported in the July 27, 2011 Washington Post article Decaying infrastructure costs U.S. billions each year, report says. Summer 2011.
- Contributor to the "CEIR Index Report: An Analysis of the 2010 Exhibition Industry and Future Outlook," sponsored by the Center for Exhibition Industry Research. Published Spring 2011 and presented in Manhattan on September 15 at Predict, CEIR's 2011 outlook conference.
- "Computational Models of Religious Terrorists and Their Organizations." Presented at the 2011 annual meeting of the Association for the Study of Religion, Economics, and Culture, April 7-10, 2011 in Crystal City, Washington, D.C.
- "Updates to G7, Compare, and the Inforum Website." Joint with Troy Wittek. Presented by Troy at the 2010 Inforum World Conference in Hikone, Japan, 2010.
- "Does Theology Matter? A Theoretical Look at Religious Terrorists and Their Organizations." (Slides) Presented at the 2010 annual meeting of the Association for the Study of Religion, Economics, and Culture, June 30-July 3, 2010, held in conjuction with the 2010 meeting of the Western Economics Association in Portland, Oregon.
- "A Software Development Summary for the 2009 Inforum World Conference." Presented at the 2009 Inforum World Conference in Jurmala, Latvia, 2009.
- "Macroeconomic and Industry Impacts of 9/11: An Interindustry Macroeconomic Approach." Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, Vol. 15:Iss. 2, Article 5, 2009, with Jeffrey Werling. The paper is available at the publishers web site. Preliminary results were presented at the 55th Annual North American Meetings of the Regional Science Association International in New York City in November 2008; see the CREATE Press release. Presented at the Third Annual Department of Homeland Security University Network Summit, March 17-19, 2009. Results and related research were presented at the 17th Inforum World Conference in Jurmala, Latvia in September 2009. Cited in Total Economic Consequences of Terrorist Attacks by Adam Rose and Brock Blomberg, 2010.
- Contributor to The Balancing Act: Climate Change, Energy Security and the U.S. Economy, organized by the Business Roundtable. Released June 25, 2009.
- "Suicidal Terrorism and Benevolent Alternatives: A Model of Economics and Religion." Presented at the 2009 annual meeting of the Association for the Study of Religion, Economics, and Culture, April 3-5, 2009.
- Subsidies to Nuclear Power Through Liability Limits. Based on Chaper 3 of my dissertation. Currently under review.
- "A Software Development Summary for the 2008 Inforum World Conference." 2008.
- "IT at Inforum in 2007." 2007.
- "A Review of Data on American Nuclear Power." Working paper, 2008.
- "A Model of Consumption of New Products and Services." Joint with Pacharasut Sujarittanonta. Inforum working paper. 2008.
- "Investment in Structures." Data and equation development for IdLift II. Joint with Quynh Nguyen. Inforum working paper. 2007.
- 2006 Ph.D. Dissertation: "The Economics of Nuclear Power."
Updates for 2006. In the proceedings of the 2006
Inforum World Conference, which was held in Traunkirchen, Austria:
Recent Developments in INFORUM-type Modeling, edited by Mariusz Plich and Michal Przybylinski, Lodz University Press, 2007.
- A G7 Update for Inforum World Conference XIII. 2005.
- G7 Extensions: Matrix Operations and Quadratic Programming. 2004.
- Consumption Equations in IdLift: Extension and Revision. 2002.
- Solution Methods for Structural Models. 2002.
- Investment in Structures in IDLIFT. 2001.
- "An Empirical Analysis of the Bank Deposits Market," Proceedings of the Pennsylvania Economic Association, 1998 Conference. (Joint with Marvin Margolis, Millersville University).
- Several Inforum working papers may be found here.